Located in the heart of Belltown, this historic former labor temple will be the new house of worship. Originally built in 1946, the renovated building will provide a focal point for community outreach and a place of worship for the downtown Seattle core for generations to come.
Among many other upgrades, Lund Opsahl incorporated new steel beams that fly above the existing roof structure and allow the original concrete framing to hang below. This design solution eliminated eight concrete columns within the sanctuary space and avoided adding beams within the sanctuary that would have infringed on sightlines and head clearance.
Rendering Courtesy of Risepointe Architecture